Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Favorite Vacation

My favorite place to vacation is anyplace hot, sunny, and with a beach. Mexico, California, Hawaii, even Florida. I love looking out into the ocean and being in awe. I love feeling the sand on my feet. I love the relaxing sound of the ocean, the waves. I love the peacefulness of it.

I went to Florida with some of my family when I was in high school. It was great because it was my first time of seeing the ocean.
California was amazing because it was my first "real" trip "alone." No parent, no chaperon. It was a great feeling to be (almost) 18 and to experience the ocean "my way."
Some of my best friends and I went to Mexico one year for spring break. That of course was an amazing trip. I could honestly lay on an amazing beach for an entire week and never be bored.

Hawaii, of course, was our honeymoon. Rusty and I actually went on a cruise and it was, of course, amazing.



My favorite thing: Reading by the ocean.


One of Rusty's favorites: lots of food, all of the time!

And since today is my birthday..... maybe my husband is taking me to the ocean as a surprise gift.... or maybe not. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...