Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, October 23, 2009

the hicks'




Hicks⋅tion⋅ar⋅y -[hik-shuh-ner-ee]:
-noun 1. a little corner of the web where the Hicks family records this [blessed] life. we record thoughts, feelings, and memories. especially about our awesome kids (B&A), families (read: nieces and nephews), friends, faith, and our furry child, Dakota.






rusty (aka 'dah')- my best friend. probably the funniest guy i know (besides b). we shared a classroom our first year of dating. he's the best teacher i know. he's a basketball coach that loves his team. a daddy that loves his littles. he's fun loving and full of life. he loves God and he leads his family well.

heidi (aka mama)- child of the king, wife of my beloved, mama to my little guy and sweet girl. a teacher by trade, a work from home photographer by grace. always in the middle of a project. i love getting to spend my days with my littles. i'm so blessed.

beckett (aka B)- born in november '11. loves trains, planes, trucks, animals of all kinds and dance parties. leaves everyone he meets with a smile on their face. frequent nap skipper. best at giving hugs, telling jokes, and making everyone he knows feel loved.

arley (aka A)- our newest addition, born in march '15. came out smiling. loves her people but especially her big brother. coos, smiles, plays, sleeps and eats like a champ. the sweetest little girl we've ever known.

dakota- our furry child clearance puppy. takes his job as big brother seriously. loves the attention from b (except for the chasingthedogwithatruck and the clobberingthedoginadogpile kind of attention). enjoys long walks and running wild.


I started the Hickstionary (way back in 2008- was blogging even cool then?) after loving my cousin's blog. I started it as a memory keeper. A scrapbook of sorts. Then it became a great way to keep family and friends updated on our life. Soon it transformed into my outlet. It fueled my creative component. It gave me a place to organize my thoughts. To talk to God. To connect with friends. To laugh and celebrate. To cry and praise God anyway.
The transformation into 'mommy blogger' was a hard one for me but the blog is back and I hope to keep my basic blogging style the same.
Sometimes it's deep. Sometimes it's not. And sometimes it talks about really really really important stuff (you know, like clothes and the such... ha). Sometimes you'll be shocked that I posted 'that.' Sometimes you'll agree with me. A lot of times you probably wont. But all the time I'm writing it for us. For R. For me. And our life together. 
Thanks for hanging in there with us, friends!



[Photos from 7/21/7]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...