Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

30 for 30

hello

I'm so excited (okay, I'm full of it... I'm actually nervous) to be doing the 30 for 30 this month!
Snappy Casual introduced me to Kendi Everyday and I'm in awe of her ability to take 30 pieces of clothing (that includes the shoes) and make them into outfits for 30 days.
Mostly because somewhere, somehow, sometime,* over the course of the last few years, my idea of a new outfit is a different shirt for the day. I fell into a routine of pairing plain, boring shirts with jeans and calling it good for the day. My days of loaning out clothes and dishing out fashion advice had come to an end and I started spending morning after morning staring into my closet thinking I had nothing to wear.
I'm excited (really this time) about the 30 for 30 because I'm hoping to learn to shop my own closet. No shopping for 30 days (not that I would have been able to shop anyway!) and no borrowing from the other end of the closet. Through this, I'm hoping I'll stop missing shopping so much and start seeing what I already have in a different way!

30 items. 30 days. Here we go.


My 30
Photobucket

And this little diddy in white (ordered Sat. should be here this week... it was purchased with cbh money..... it will make me a human reflector. ha):


(Coats, accessories and the like are not counted in the 30. I'm thinking long underwear are a freebie too.)

PS- The process of choosing items was my 'big' project of the weekend. (But I'm almost feeling great, really I am) During the process, I filled up a big bag of clothes to pass along. If you know anyone my size (who am I kidding... most of them were too small) that may want them, have them get ahold of me! R is liking this challenge so far! :)


*somewhere, somehow, sometime is actually when we were apartment living and started planning a wedding. Money that used to go towards a clothing budget was getting kicked into the wedding fund. Once we got married, clothes money paid for vacation. then a house. then stuff for the house. Then when I tried to explain to R why I desperately needed a clothing budget, he didn't get it because I hadn't spent money on clothing over the past few years- why should I start now. So my clothing style changed dramatically. I'm taking it back (minus the money that I used to spend on it)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...