Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, October 9, 2009

My Husband, Nominee for Nobel Peace Prize

One of the committtee members for the Nobel Peace Prize (or maybe just one of my coworkers) sent this email to me today, asking me to forward it on to my husband. And because R doesn't get nearly as much blog time as he deserves, I'm sharing it with all of you. :)

Please forward this on to Mr. Hicks.

Dear Mr. Hicks,
I'm sorry that you didn't get this letter before the announcement
was made. But it was beyond my power to keep the name from leaking.
I want you to know that I supported you 100% but was unable to convince
my fellow and lady committee men and women that you should be the
recipient of this years Nobel Peace Prize award. I told them how
important it was to be in an occupation where you help children
(teaching). A man that has high standards not only for his students and
athletes but for himself and family! A man that believes in God and
country. A man that believes in what is right and stands up for it even
if it isn't popular.
It really came down to experience. You had too much and were way
over qualified for the award. They were looking for someone that had
nearly none. I'm sorry to say I think they found the right person in
that regards! If you would have won, the standard would have been set
so high for future nominees that it would have been nearly impossible
to find one.
I know this must be a big letdown but maybe this will take some of
the sting out of not winning this year and that is, JUST REMEMBER THE
NUT DOESN'T FALL FAR FROM THE ACORN TREE!

Committee man
(I thought I should take his name off.... just in case he offended you!) ;)

You can meet the real nominees here:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/10/meet_the_people_who_were_passe.asp

Happy Friday!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...