Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Arley's Nursery

Arley's nursery. (See more on project nursery!)



We didn't have a plan going into A's nursery except that it was Christmas break and we knew if we didn't get it painted/flooring in while R was home, it may never happen. So we went to the store and bought the same paint from our bedroom (if you've been here you've probably noticed the last 7 rooms we've painted over the last 4 years have all been white and the entire living space we just redid is basically white… ) so it was no surprise this time the nursery started with a white base. We chose the flooring by what was cheapest at NFM at the time. And I wanted to redo B's dresser so I went with the same color that we chose for our front door and accents last summer. I know…. really stepping out of my comfort zone there.

I did have one piece I wanted to use there- grandma's afghan (more on that here). So from there we chose colors that mixed in with the afghan (pretty easy since about every color imaginable can be found in the afghan). We also incorporated birds (her middle name means beautiful bird and the birds were also a nod to grandma who loved birds).









If you checked out B's nursery tour, this probably looks sort of familiar to you. Details about the chair, crib and dresser can all be found over on his post.

Other details:

Paint: Walls: Elegant White (dutch boy). Green dresser:  Valspar Celtic. Green stripe: I used the paint from the dresser and added some white from the walls to tone it down. It ended up being close to Valspar Bahama (though I was going for more of a Valspar Pistachio.. it of course dried darker than I planned).

Flooring: Nebraska Furniture Mart

Crib sheet: Pottery Barn Kids (Did you know you can get these on sale for $9? That's cheaper than Walmart!)

Crib skirt: Target

Curtains: Amazon

Moroccan pouf: Amazon

Night stand: Made by R

Chest: Hand me down from R

Bird Hooks: Made by R following Lay Baby Lay tutorial

Mobile: Amazon

Rug: Amazon

Knobs on dresser: Amazon (I can't recommend these. We paid $8 for the set so they were super cheap.. which should have been our first clue. They will likely all need to be glued back together as the glass ball comes off the actual knob part very easy. Bummer.) These are adorable but no way I am spending that much for knobs.

Afghan: grandma's

Name Frame: The one pictured below isn't the one in her room (pictured above) but the verse is the same. Her first name means God's promise and her middle name means beautiful bird so I kinda love this verse for her.



Other prints: Lucy Darling (most are from Swell Baby Shop. you can also find them at Adorn and on Amazon)

Bird Backpack: Adorn by Milkbarnkids

Purple frame: Lollywood (though I painted it… don't tell Jeff!)

(Can you tell we use Amazon prime? We also got some Amazon gift cards for Christmas/baby gifts. Kind of the perfect gift card for us.) :)  Since we're so Amazon savvy I feel like I need to share this tip with you… start an Amazon cart and ask them to notify you of price drops. It's a guaranteed way to get everything on sale (if you're not in a hurry to get it). And once you order, it arrives in two days so if you are in a hurry, it's quick shipping! We are kind of big fans of their diaper and pantry orders too (on sale of course). 



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...