Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

What a year! 2008

We finished July by celebrating Rusty's 30th birthday! August started with me heading to a wedding. We had hoped to be moved into our house by this time but had to move to a temporary apartment instead (one we will not miss!). Rusty stayed home to work at the house while I went to Ottumwa for the wedding. Shortly after, it was back to school time and the hours spent working on the house were crunched... Made for a stressful fall! We missed ALL of the ISU football games this year, although I'm not sure we really "missed" out on too much!
Labor Day weekend was spent painting the house. Mom, Holly, and myself painted the entire house in about a day and a half! They were a HUGE help!!
In September, my cousin Amy, her husband Jeff, and their little boy Drew came up from Oklahoma to put our kitchen cabinets in. We absolutely LOVE our cabinets and we were so fortunate to have them be able to come up and do it for us. We love these guys!
Gabe put in nearly as many hours to the house as Rusty did. Here they are working late into the night. I think they worked on flooring until 4 am this night! Crazy boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the comment love. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...