Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

MyDecoratingStyle.....

...is 50% Modern Elegance, 50% Traditional Country according to Sproost.com... of course that would be assuming we actually spent money on decorating! I LOVED our house at Christmas time once we finally got all of our decorations up (read: the day after Christmas when we hit up the Target sales. Yes I put them up for a week..don't you judge me)... and once we took them down it looked bare again. Now Rusty is really bugging encouraging me to put the snowmen away... of course that will leave our house even more bare.
As of 11:30 am today my "spring break" officially started. Last year at this time, we were packing our bags for Hawaii... this year, we are getting ready to head up to MN to visit friends/family....brr.... (But not bad considering our spring break fund$ is going towards house projects)
Anyhow.... my post was not planned to complain about spring break.... or lack of.... but to point out that we are I am spending some of my MN time to do some shopping.... hopefully for the house!
On my wish list: area rug, coffee table, wall clock, bench, book case, wall art, pillows (yes really), etc. etc.
This is what we are working with...

Any inspiration for me???

And because instead of sulking about going somewhere cold for spring break.. I'm going to praise God for the memories of a warm spring break... here is a memory:


5 comments:

  1. You should get a trunk. They rock my socks off. Go to HomeGoods. They have cute stuff for cheap. Can't beat that.

    (You told me to post this so you wouldn't feel lame that no one else commented)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.huntandgatherantiques.com/about.html

    I don't know if this place is good but mom found it in a magazine and has wanted to go there ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.restorationhardware.com/rh/index.jsp?link=global_logo

    Very expensive but can get some good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will continue to post over the weekend. You may regret showing me this site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, quit encouraging my wife to spend money...ha,ha... - rusty

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment love. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...