Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Stimulus

Rusty & I just got back from doing our part to stimulate the economy.... We are pretty confident that GAP and a few other stores will be safe for awhile longer after our purchases. While we I spent way too much money on clothes/shoes/accessories.... I did manage to find a few house finds as well! Here are a couple updates we made..... yes, I managed to pull Rusty away from basketball for a few minutes to help!I have been looking for an area rug since before we finished building the house. It was not a successful hunt. We found this rug for super cheap at IKEA and decided it was better than nothing and IF I do happen to find one I like in the near future, I've already gotten my monies worth. The table is a similar purchase ($12.. and I painted it the same color as our dining room wall) for the same reason. It is more difficult to find a 30 x 30 coffee table than one might think. (Sarah- I looked for a trunk and couldn't find one the right size!) I did make a trip to Home Goods. Found a clock and some napkins..both on clearance! The new napkins motivated me to finally sew together the table runner.. I had the cloth sitting on the table for several weeks now... And while I was crafting I decided to finish my chalk board and picture board and got them hung up as well! And one more purchase I'm excited about... We finally have plastic plates (and other stuff) for when the kidlins come visit! Another IKEA find for super cheap. I never thought I'd say this... but I'm finally an IKEA fan....
We had a great time on our trip up north but decided that in the end it probably would have been cheaper to buy a plane ticket to someplace warm and lay at a beach all week! Next year is looking bright! ;)

5 comments:

  1. I love Ikea too! We are going to Dallas Sunday and definitely will be stopping at Ikea! I have the same plastics dishes!! Drew loves them! He is always telling me what color plate he has!! Looks like you guys made out well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, i love IKEA. i need to make a trip up there soon. very good purchases! i like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So we had 3 of those IKEA tables in my apartment in Minneapolis. I also had the plastic plates, cups and bowls. They're not just for kids you know. They come in pretty handy. Did you like HomeGoods? I have some good finds from there. I'm gonna be in Minneapolis again for a few weeks if you want to come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way what size of trunk are you looking for? They get new stuff like every week, especially trunks. I have a really big one in my room for storage.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment love. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...