Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Crib Sheets and other blessings

Hey, Jesus. 

Thanks for showing up again. Thanks for always, always, always providing for us when we need You. 

This week as I was thinking about some things we needed and knew they wouldn't fit into the budget this month, I asked You for them. 

The very next day, the doorbell rang during nap time. I was so frustrated. B had just gone down for his nap and Dakota went psyco at the sound of the bell, waking B up. I was frustrated but when I got to the door I saw You standing there. We'll it wasn't really You but it might as well of been. At the door was someone I barely know. But she and her young son stood there with a bag full of hand me downs for B. 

Among other treasures in the bag were the exact things I had asked You for the day before. 

I know they were just old crib sheets to her but to me they were a gift straight from You. A reminder of Your blessings and provision for us. A reminder that You've got this when I don't. 

Lord, thank You for that. Thank You for having this. Thank You for all the blessings You generously pour out on us. Sometimes they don't show up in little packages with bows on them. Sometimes they show up as a ringing doorbell during nap time. But You are always so, so good. 

Thanks for that. Amen. 



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...