Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, October 25, 2013

Happy

Recently (actually not so recently....more like a few months ago maybe?), we were at a marriage summit. It was just a few hours (or so) long but (in my opinion) even better than other (weekend long) marriage conferences we had been too. R agreed. But that's not the point of this post. 

At the summit, they (more than one speaker) shared a quote from a book (which I need to google) that stuck with me. 

It was something along the lines of

'What if God's purpose of marriage wasn't to make you happy but to make you holy?'

I was totally convicted. Because I totally expect(ed) marriage to do that (the happy part). 

R lucked out because it got him off the hook on a whole lot of stuff 

but it also got me to thinking about other areas of life as well. 

My relationships with others (family, friends, colleagues). 

My work. 

My daily routines. 

How I spend my time. 

Just life in general. 



Maybe this pursuit of happyness (spelling error intended) should really be a pursuit of holiness. 

And maybe I should stop looking to other things to fulfill me (marriage, parenting, work, friends, family, fun)


 and just let Him. 



(Just something I've been thinking about.)




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...