Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, April 14, 2014

i'm gonna miss this

Some days as I lay B down for nap, I can't imagine ever working outside of the home while he is little because of everything I would miss.

Like today (after we had the Bible app reading to us for background noise), he went looking for something. When I asked him what he was doing he said, "I no find Saul's donkey." (No find = can't find.)

Or this face in the mirror after saying "Nice to meet you" to the nice old man in the mirror before realizing it was just B. :) And the giggles that followed. (Who knew little boys giggled so much?)



Or when he was quizzing me on colors at the library today. When I got it right he said, "Yellow. RIGHT! Good job, mom."

And our pirate/captain hook sword fight in the kitchen today. (He let me win.)

And when he randomly belts out, "Bless the LOOOOOAAAAAD oh my SOOOOUUUL!" (Load = Lord.... we're working on that..) :)




I laid him down for nap and really couldn't imagine missing out on this stage.






Ten minutes later, I hear him yelling "Poop, mom. Poop!" into the monitor.

I go to change him and we have the 'we only go potty on the toilet, not in the diaper' talk to which he replies, (first sweetly) "Sorry" then (not so sweetly*) "NOT SORRY!!!"


These are the days.** :)







*By 'not so sweetly' I mean it sounded like a demon had taken over the little dude's body. A loud, creepy, mean demon. Yikes.

**I still totally love staying home with the little dude. It's seriously the best.***

***I support all moms. Stay at home moms. Work at home moms. Working moms. You all rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...