Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

the Walk

Do you read Kelly's Korner?
Today she posted about faith. I really appreciated what she said about witnessing.

I've had multiple people say to me recently that they think a lot of Christians do a lot more talking than doing. One person I was talking to about this was talking about a "Christian" she knew that talked the Christian talk but was (in her eyes) not so "Christian."

Not very long ago, Janel posted about how often as bloggers we talk a lot. We are good at talking the talk. But are we good at walking the walk?

I don't disagree with any of this. In fact, I agree that most of us are better at the talking part than the walking. I think it is so easy to talk a good talk but are we fighting the good fight with more than just words? Are we showing His love, instead of just talking about it? Are we walking in a way that doesn't grieve Him? Are we doing it all the time?

In short, my answer would be no. No I'm not good at walking the walk.

I fail. I fail. time. and time. again.

I am given opportunities to minster to others and I miss them.
I am given chances to share His love and I hold back.
I am sure that I disappoint Him. every day.

And that's 'okay'. Because being a Christian doesn't mean I'm perfect. Loving Him doesn't mean I'm always going to please Him. In fact, He tells us that we will be disappointed in men time and time again. And you know what? Men (and women) will be disappointed in me, too.

But here's the thing. I will still go to heaven just because He has grace enough for me. But if I sat back and was okay with not being more like Him, I'd be missing out on something big. Something good. Something great.

And I don't want to miss out on a good deal.

So I fail. But I still try. He is patient. He is loving. And He keeps working in me. He is constantly and consistently conforming me to His image. I am a work in progress. And I'm so thankful for His patience.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...