Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

two.

B had his actual birthday last Wednesday (well a couple Wednesdays ago now I guess).

He's officially two. 


Two is my favorite age. (I say that about every age. But really. I love two.) And the day B turned two was magical. He watched in wonderment as I put sprinkles on his donut for breakfast. When I asked him how he wanted to spend the day he said he wanted to brush his teeth and go see grandma (we got to do both). He had fun jumping at Skyzone. He loved the chicken nuggets grandma bought him for lunch and even got to share my shake. He couldn't believe the excitement in store at Petsmart (and he kept everyone there thoroughly entertained). He was amazed with the candles in his special birthday treat at Hickory Park. And when we took him to Target to pick out a birthday toy, he happily played for an hour with every toy in the store then picked out gummy bears as his 'take home treat.' (Seriously, we lucked out there.)

It was such a fun day!!!






And then came Thursday.....


I can't even remember what meltdown started it but I know there was a series of days following his birthday that were full of meltdowns. We were seriously thinking 'terrible twos' at this point. He even got put in time out at church. He got put in time out at church! Seriously. We were not impressed with his new 'tude. It was hard to stay patient and consistent (okay I totally lost my cool). And I was totally ready for a mom's night out.


I was feeling defeated by Monday.

Thankfully, R was able to go to B's two year check up with us and B got some extra family time in for the day. Other than the Dr (which he did surprisingly well at), we stayed close to home and things were looking up. 

My happy, sweet little guy was back by Tuesday.

And I like two again. For today. ;)






At two, B is talking more than ever. He's putting together more sentences- "Thank you for turning on the light, mom." He's praying before meals and bedtime- "Dear Jesus, Thank you for mommy, daddy, Uh-oh-da, A-MEN!"  (Sometimes he adds in extra prayers for his trucks, snacks and favorite friends.) He loves to pick up toys and sing 'clean up clean up.' His favorite things to do are wash dishes and sweep the floor (I still want to get him a little broom set). He brushes his teeth several times a day. His best friends are Dakota (our goldendoodle) and Dave (the fish). He's never far from a truck or tractor. He spends a lot of time building megablocks. He likes to shoot baskets but usually only with mommy. (Sorry dad!) He does the best animal sounds. He loves doing craft 'projects.' He's obsessed with stickers and colors and glue sticks. He tries to dress himself. He (typically) still takes long naps (knock on wood). He understands the concept of having his picture taken and will (sometimes comply). He loves turning lights on and off. He gives the best hugs and kisses. He totally switches between daddy's boy and mama's boy depending on the day of the week. (It's usually mama's.) He (usually) follows directions. He hates stuff on his hands. He didn't cry for his flu shot and finger poke at the dr but he totally whined about the band aid they put on his finger. He loves wearing hats but if you try to put mittens or gloves on him, he freaks out. He picks out his own clothes most days. He has a favorite sweatshirt and favorite boots. But his favorite thing to wear are jammies. He's requested a 'just jammies' day twice this week now. He says 'HI' to most strangers that pass by. He doesn't like to share. He loves snacks and big boy cups.


A little while back he told me he was going downstairs to watch a 'show.' A few minutes later, I realized the tv wasn't on so I went to check on him. He was in the laundry room and a lot of my craft supplies was strewn about the floor. I asked him what he was doing. He grabbed a towel to throw in the washer and nonchalantly answered, "Just laundry." 


He is hilarious and delightful. He makes most people in his path, smile, especially his mom and dad.

Happy TWO's, B!!!!!


Updated- because I always look here first when I'm filling out the 'baby' book.... height: 37" (still off the chart), weight: 31+ lbs (somewhere around 85%?). 


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...