Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

shower, swimming, shamrock shakes and other sunday stuff

Full day… here are the highlights…


Church. We just finished up the Genesis series. It was such a good one. Go back and watch all the videos (start with today's).

Baby Shower. My lovely in-laws had an amazing little shower for baby girl today. We felt so loved. I have been really feeling overwhelmed with all we have to do and get before baby. And when I'm being really honest, I've been kinda sad that baby girl is getting the shaft compared to B (of course he was completely beyond spoiled by everyone and I know this). So I (the person that usually hates showers) was beyond excited about today. It was just so awesome that the women in R's family made the time and missed out on their own stuff today to get together and celebrate our baby girl. My SIL even missed her little guy's very last wrestling (thing?). I seriously just wanted to cry. (Full disclosure- I did when I was putting the cute little baby girl things away.) They took the time to love on our little girl. They spoiled her with some adorable baby girl things, some much needed (huge) things off the list, and some gift cards to some of my very favorite places to shop (they know me too well- Amazon and Baby Gap clearance here I come). :) I sat down to make a Target registry (so I can get the registry discount, of course) and it wasn't nearly as overwhelming as it was a few days ago. There's still a lot of random stuff not on there (witch hazel pads… tmi?), but it seems a lot more doable just knowing we have people in our corner. I seriously can't say thank you enough. Seriously. Thanks.  (And I love the below pic because 1. Cutest little girl outfit ever. I want it in my size. 2. The box of scratch cupcakes. 3. B's face. He totally knows his world is about to be invaded with all things little girl. He was super excited to help open gifts until he realized it was all girly things for sister.) :) 



Nap. Because, duh. (We did miss connection group but I'm quite certain I wouldn't have made it through the day without the nap. Sorry, groupies.)

Swimming Lessons. Ohmygoodness. Have I mentioned these here yet? B is a little fish! He hops in the pool for lessons and doesn't stop smiling the entire time. He's even happy to get out cause he loves the pool showers and happy to leave cause he has daddy trained to get him 'uncle donald's' afterwards. (McDonalds.) It has for sure been the highlights of our weeks lately and I was kinda sad this was his last night of them. We're even thinking about doing the summer ones for the next level. 

Shamrock Shakes. They're back! I don't even know if I actually like these or if I just like all they stand for… the end of basketball is in sight. Spring break is around the corner. Warmer weather is coming our way. And this year….. it's almost time to meet baby girl! I get excited every year to see the shamrock shake ads and always have to have at least one. B and I split one tonight and he started singing 'shake it off.' Because why wouldn't you. It made the shamrock shake even better for me. 

Sleep. I'm off to bed and praying B decides Monday is a good day to sleep in. :)






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...