Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, March 9, 2015

updates (aka the post about how we nearly met our deductible in a week)

So the last 7 days have been a bit crazy here.

We started last week with an EEG for B Diddy. It's possible he is having absent seizures and the goal of the EEG was to rule out that they were from anything serious (brain tumor/brain damage). (We were able to rule those out- hallelujah! We weren't able to pinpoint the type of absent seizure it may be so he goes back for a 24 hour test in June- not so yay but something we can deal with.)

Anyway, overall there isn't much awesome about keeping your 'needs sleep like his mama' boy up most of the night then spending most of the day at the hospital but there were some sweet moments throughout the day I don't want to forget…..

While the nurse was taping the sensors to his head, he was wincing his face in pain and trying hard to be brave. I said, "You're doing great buddy. She just has to put these stickers on your head before they can start." Through a pain filled face he said, "Oh thank you. I like stickers." (Tears.)

Later, after the bandage was on, it was really hurting his head. He apparently didn't want to cause a fuss because he wouldn't tell the nurse but once she walked away he buried his head in my shoulder and whispered "It hurts mommy. It really hurts." as he and I both tried not to cry (I totally did though). 

He was super brave and rocked his test. That said, the thought of doing a 24 hour one with a newborn scares me a little. Prayers definitely appreciated.






Mid-week I had my regular OB check up. I had fallen off the growth curve so we got a surprise ultrasound peek at Miss A. She's measuring small but doing good. She looks to be at the top of the charts for height (no surprise there) so that thankfully helped her weight. Measurement wise though she's a peanut and hopefully she's grown this week so we don't have to worry about inducing or anything. (Grow baby, grow!)



And to finish the week with a bang… I came down with a nasty stomach bug. In an effort to avoid tmi let's just say I used stomach muscles in all directions in ways I haven't in a long time. The stomach bug cranked up the contractions and it was pain. ful. I was not brave at all and told R I was gonna need an epidural right now. I really didn't care if she was two weeks away. I just wanted an epidural. Finally we decided we should call the OB and we ended up with a room with a view at the hospital. The big things were they needed to stop the contractions (no need to kick start labor as long as baby is still growing- with her size we want to give her as much time to grow as we can) and I needed to be hydrated. After bags of fluids and some drugs, I eventually was well enough to go home. Exhausted but doing SO much better. Filled with fear about what labor might be like though (cause that was not easy) and ditching any plans I had of skipping the epidural this time. ;) 


Just for fun… baby girls heartbeat…






SO our week was eventful. Hopefully this week will be a little less crazy and filled with a little more 'getting things done before baby comes.' Cause I'd love to have that to do list complete soon. :)


Happy Monday. Hoping your week is less crazy than ours seem to be lately. :)





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...