Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Yes, we are heathens and did some Halloween activities. Secretly (okay, not so much a secret anymore) I love Halloween. I love the costumes (even though I don't dress up), the candy (even though I eat too much), the fall activities (even though that means it's getting COLD here).
I don't care if you call it a Fall Festival or Halloween or whatever. I love it. Do you?

Mummy treats for the kiddos:

Friday was beggars night in the P family's town. R & G had a basketball clinic to go to so I headed over and A made me some awesome dinner and we took the boys out on a cold, wet, windy trick-or-treat night.

Morgan met us for awhile in her Supergirl costume (I didn't get a picture) but headed home early. I don't blame her! (We weren't sure if she would show up as Supergirl, Raggedy Ann, or Tigger. She had lots of outfits to choose from this year!)

You can guess which of the boys' costumes was my favorite, but they both made good football players:


Saturday, the men still had basketball so A & the boys came over for the afternoon. They painted their shelves, painted pumpkins, & made nutter butter ghosts. We had a few more activities that we didn't even get to. R was disappointed we didn't even carve a pumpkin because he wanted the pumpkin seeds. Is it okay to carve a pumpkin now that it's November? (Maybe with the letter H or something?)




Our town's trick-or-treating was that night. The boys had the cutest outfits. I LOVE the book "Where the Wild Things Are" and cant wait to see the movie (maybe when we can rent it!). They helped pass out candy to all the trick-or-treaters. They did a great job!

Did you "celebrate" Halloween?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...