Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

November Blessings

Is it really November already??
I mean I know we've already had Halloween but it is Sunny and 70 (almost) today! So it's hard to believe that it is already November! Basketball hasn't started (yet) and I have barely finished any of my November projects (okay I've only finished one) so it cant really be November already, can it?!?

If you know me well, you know I have a lot of project ideas that never get carried out... one of those is the "Blessings Jar" I was on a mission to make at the start of last year (I'm still looking for one). And while I think it is important to count and record our blessings EACH day of the year, it's definitely a must do in November.

I saw a blessings calendar somewhere (Pottery Barn Kids, maybe?) made of cloth and super intricate. I had big ideas of embroidering one just like it. Well since we are already (almost) a full week into November that plan fell through and a quick(er) project emerged.

Meet the Hicks family Blessings Calendar:
(Okay, I realize the sun makes it hard to see, but it says "A Month of Blessings" at the top (with some scripture following) and "Happy Thanksgiving" at the bottom. If you click on the picture to see it larger, it's easier to see.)
The idea is for each of us to write something specific we are thankful for on the slips of paper in each pocket. At the end of the month, we'll go back and read them all.

And now I gotta go... Rusty REALLY wants to take advantage of the beautiful weather and get to the game early today for tailgating. Go Cyclones (although yes, Amy, I think your Cowboys will win today!)!!!!

Oh- and today, I'm thanking God for warm & sunny weather, Cyclone football, and time with R!
What are you thankful for?

Update: I saw another example on {in}courage: Check it out here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...