Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

That's what he said v.2

B is saying hilarious things all the time and I went to write them in his book and couldn't remember them for the life of me. :( I need to get better at recording them as they happen so you'll probably see more posts like these in the future. 
His speech continues to grow and he's starting to speak more around people other than mommy and daddy. When he does, people always comment on how clear you can understand him. The boys a chatter box. 

Yesterday: 
Me: What do you want for breakfast?
B: pancakes. I looooove pancakes. Yum yum yum yum yum. Bite! Oh yuuuummmm. So good! 

Earlier this week:
B to me as I was brushing my teeth: You're doing good!!

And to Dakota: Where are your eyes?? (Points to them.) There they are. Good boy!! 

When he gets in his playhouse: Beckett's home!! 

When I change his diaper: 'Good job!' Or 'Thank you!' (Seriously how sweet is that??) 

He's in love with basketball lately. If we are in the basement: 'We need to shoot!'
If we are outside: 'I need a ball out here!' 
If he sees the neighbors playing: 'Me shoot pwease!' 

If the neighbors garage doors are open he bends down with his hands on his knees and looks inside and starts shouting their name. He typically assigns one name per a family so all the girls in one house on our street are 'ko-ee' (Chloe). He also knows most of the nearby animals by name and if they are barking he will say their name and tell them shhhh!

A loud motorcycle drove by and he covered his ears and said 'say sorry!' 

When playing his jungle puzzle: 
me: What is this? 
B: cow moo moo
Me: No that's a zebra. Bray. (Then pointing to the lion) What is this? 
B: lion. Lion says rooaaaarrrrrr. 
Me: You're right. Lion does say roar. (Then pointing to monkey) What does monkey say?
B: (who has a monkey lovey that he sleeps with) Monkey say nigh night!



And he didn't say much but last night R and I were dancing in the living room. B grabbed a large wooden block and hugged it in his arms and started swaying with it. It apparently wasn't a good dancer because he finally gave it a dirty look and threw it down then started crawling between me and R and trying to push R away from me. I asked him if he wanted to dance and he smiled real big and reached his arms up to me and said 'dance dance dance.' Melt my heart. :) 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...