Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Salted toffee chocolate chunk cookies

FKA Ultimate chocolate chip cookies. 

AKA tornado cookies. 

I stole this recipe from my neighbor. We changed the name to tornado cookies because when she introduced them to me we were hiding out in her house surrounded by life threatening tornadoes (but decided chowing down on these cookies wouldn't be such a bad way to go). 
I later changed the name again because I added sea salt to the mix and decided it needed an introduction of it's own. 

I took these cookies to bunco and nearly everyone asked where I bought them. (Cause we all know I can't bake a cookie this awesome. Seriously they are that good!) A few people less familiar with my baking asked for the recipe. If I can bake a cookie that praiseworthy, you know you should try this recipe. Like now. 




P.S. In addition to the sea salt, I also changed the chocolate chips to chunks but purely because I think they are cuter. The less discriminating bakers may choose to not hurt the chips' feelings. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...