Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

RAK 23-25


So.... I may have gotten a LITTLE behind on posting to the blog.
I have a lot of really great excuses and most of them end with how much I love summer. Let me try to get caught up first then maybe I'll share some of those awesome excuses with you. In the meantime, you can follow me on instagram at @heididh33 to see what all we've been loving this summer. Also, that's how I'm following what all of you are up to as well. I hate to admit this but it's been a LONG time since I've been caught up on reading all my favorite blogs. If you've blogged awesome goodness lately, please let me know. :)
On to the RAK!





Okay I'm 'cheating' a bit this time. I went to our 'still to come' list and hand-picked ones I've actually done these last few weeks. I noticed we are down to just a few left on the list so if you have some ideas PLEASE let me know! Would love to use yours. :)

This week's (and some catch up...) random acts:

RAK#23: Help a friend clean.
Because who doesn't love this? I've had friends come help me clean and I've helped friends. Cleaning (especially deep cleaning) is so much easier (and dare I say more 'fun') if you have a buddy. I've done some of this lately and absolutely love it. Well. As much as you can love cleaning. ;)

RAK#24: Use your spiritual gifts to bless someone.
What talents has God blessed you with? Are you creative? Good with kids? A great listener? Great in the kitchen? Think about your God given talents and come up with ways to use them to serve others. 

RAK#25: Smile at (and say hello to) strangers.
I heard somewhere that most smiles start from another smile. 
I pretty much share mine with 'strangers' all the time because I'm from a small town where if you don't say 'hi' to someone that 'knows' you (whether you know them or not), they think you are stuck up. So I just do this to cover my bases in case I see someone I should know. It's interesting to me though to see some people's reaction to this. I especially love greeting the elderly. Bonus points if you ask, "How are you?" then actually stay to hear their answer.


Where are some ideas you have for this week's? 

Please join us (you can either catch up or just start where we are)! Check out this post for more info.
Happy RAKing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...