Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, September 20, 2013

30 before 30 update

I'm finally checking back in with an update on my 30 by 30 (things I wanted to do by 30).


1. Run a 5k.- CHECK! I've done a few actually and even won my age group (never mind that they were small town races without many runners and that barely any other 20 somethings run 5k).
2. Get a runner's high.- Up for debate. I think I did. Once. But generally speaking I don't love running. 
3. Visit my college stomping grounds. (Anyone want to join?) :)
4. Bring Scratch Cupcakes to my town. (Oh it's so happening.)- CHECK! The cupcake truck came to town- just in time for my birthday! 
5. Start a play date group in my town.- CHECK! This has been so fun. We've had regular meet ups and even have a moms co-op for giving each other a little 'time off.' Its the best. 
6. Like one that actually gets together.- CHECK!! 
7. Hop in the car for an unplanned day trip.- CHECK. R and I did an unplanned weekend for our anniversary. We had so much fun and did a lot of fun stuff but realized its more my style to plan ahead and save money! It's expensive to be spontaneous. :)
8. Write thank you's to 30 people I used to know.-Check. But not what I planned. I meant to do 30 people from various stages of life. I ended up writing 30 thank yous for birthday gifts. I was totally spoiled and got the greatest birthday swag from friends and family!! So those guys got the thank yous. 
9. Find a fall Bible study to commit to.- Check. 
10. Commit to it.- Check. It's not my typical style of study but I'm sure God has something to teach me here. 
11. Introduce someone to Christ.- check. I think. Maybe. Still working on this. :)
12. Cry with a stranger.-Check. Twice. Yikes. (I just love hearing strangers' life stories apparently. I think I'm going to write a book about it.)
13. Stick to my weekly cleaning schedule.-eh. 
14. Forgive myself if I don't.- CHECK! ;)
15. Take B to the zoo at least 5 times.-Check. 
16. And the 'big pool.'-Check. He loves it! 
17. Play more.-CHECK!
18. Worry less.-eh....
19. Unplug.-Check. Sort of. I'm going to do better this month (its hard when your iPhone is your 'office').
20. Take a day for myself.
21. Spend a day with a friend.-Check! Thanks, Jen!!!
22. Complete 30 random acts of kindness.-  Check. 
23. Memorize Romans 12.
24. Listen to the life stories of at least 3 'strangers.'-Check. 
25. Show R some of my favorite places from growing up.
26. Get my hair cut.- not yet but got a gift card to for my birthday so it will happen has soon as I can get in. :) 
27. Dye my own hair........ (ohmygosh is this even possible? anyone want to help me out?) :) Seriously help me out. I'm scared. :)
28. Find a 'running' buddy.- check! A couple times actually. :) 
29. Make a new friend.-check! 
30. Love more.-check. 

Bonus: Start a bunco group. -Check! So fun!! 



Six more to go. And three of them have to do with treating myself (maybe I could do them all on that day for myself).  That's not bad at all. I will definitely take that! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...