Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

They're always smiling.

This week B started 'moms day out.' Its not really moms day out. It's more like a group of moms that started a co-op to give each other a couple of hours to themselves once in awhile (us moms can use those two hours to work or clean or get a pedicure or take a nap. whatever. I don't judge). ;) He's also in Kindermusik. Goes to Sunday school. Attends approximately one play date group meet up a week. And goes to 'mommy church' (the church nursery while I have Bible study) one day a week. If you're keeping track that's five days a week he has a busy schedule (about four more days a week than I ever planned on). 

B is into repeating things and telling stories. It's making me very aware of what I say and do. If I tell Dakota he is so naughty you can bet B will be telling everyone he sees 'uh oh deez so naughty!' (Dakoties so naughty- we aren't sure when his name changed to dakoties.) 

With his busy schedule and new found love for telling stories it makes me think of all the stories I've heard from kids over the years. From my days in two year old preschool to my days with fifth year seniors- I've heard a lot of stories. Many of which I'm sure the parents would be mortified if they knew their kids were sharing! And definitely enough stories I could write a book of them. 

I hope B's stories never end up in a teacher's book of crazy families they've heard about from their students. 

Oh. And that post title? That's what the name of my book would be. Here's an excerpt:

(The 8th graders were discussing media influence and peer pressure.)

Student that shall remain nameless: "Yeah Mrs. H I agree that our friends pressure us to have sex but my parents do too."

Mrs. H: "You mean they pressure you not to?"

Student: "No. They make me want to. They make it look so fun. Like if you do it you'll be happy all the time. They do it a lot and they are always smiling." 

Mrs. H: .......speechless........ 



And now you see what I mean by not wanting to end up in a teacher's book of stories. ;) 


Happy Friday. :)


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...