Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

It's been awhile!

Dear Hickstionary,

It's me, H. I know it's been awhile since I've checked in so I figured I'd avoid cleaning the messy house and visit the blog for a quick update. 

The 30 RAKs went by faster than I expected and while I completed all (okay, almost all) of them, I meant to check back in with a post about really serving. The RAKs were fun (for awhile) but I was really asking God for a way that I could really be a blessing, a way I could really serve. He sure served up more than a few options for me and kept my serving hands busy all summer long. I didn't always have a servants heart so I'm sure that's the next lesson coming my way. He's so good at the refining part of His job, right?

The 365 hasn't been going so great but I HAVE been getting pictures taken so when I do have a chance to catch up I'll have the pictures to do it. I'm sure there's an easy way to turn the instagram* pics into a 365 book and I'll have to figure that out because pretty much every picture I've taken (not work related) this summer has been on the iPhone. Poor B.

I fixed that today though with a quick (one picture) mini-session of the little guy. Because today was his first day of school (uh... kind of). Okay fine. It was kindermusik. And he didn't exactly sit for any of the class. And I'm pretty sure the teacher was ready to kick us out. But it was the start of his 'school career' and I'm thinking he was just acting this way to ensure some sort of 'most improved' award by the end of it. At least I sure hope that was what he had in mind. Oye vey. 

He may look a little naughty today but he sure is cute, right? ;)


In other H family news, we started the bedroom makeover. It's the first painting project we've taken on since B's birth. If you know me, that's kind of a big deal since we've lived here five years and our bedroom has been almost as many colors as years that we've lived here. I'd say I'll keep you updated on the progress but we all know I'm not real great about checking in here so you may just have to come see it for yourself someday soon. :)

B turns two (yikes) in just 10 weeks so maybe I'll check back in with an update then. But don't hold me to it.

Happy Fall!

-H




*if you don't follow me on instagram, I'm heididh33 over there. I totally slack at the blog and Facebook and twitter updates but my instagram isn't so bare. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...