Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

crazy/good day

Today was a crazy/good day.

It wasn't exactly as I planned it to be but crazy/good days usually aren't.

Yesterday was a long day. A long (good) day made longer by a surprise crashed car. No worries- it was parked on the side of the street. The driver of the other car wasn't hurt (I assume I guess?) either. But little blue may not recover from this one. And she needed a lot of attention today between insurance people and tow truck people and rental car people.

So those plans for today- they didn't exactly go as planned.




Once in awhile someone will tell me what a nice job I do at hosting parties. I generally (very humbly and modestly, of course) nod in agreement and say, yes, yes I am.

Oh I'm totally kidding.

The only way I can ever pull off any type of shindig is by recruiting a long list of helpers (Jen, Jill, Erin, etc, etc, etc have all helped plan shindigs for me) and my biggest helper is R. He is typically the brunt behind my big ideas. And with him being way busy with little blue (and two basketball games) I was a little in over my head today.

It wasn't too bad until I was in over my elbows (literally) in melted chocolate when I realized the peppermint flavoring was not so much pepperminty anymore (actually it was straight up alcohol based on the smell of it...). R did take time of his busy day to go on a peppermint hunt for me but the halt in production (and melted chocolate all over the place) left me in a bit of a mess. Thankfully we had some unexpected visitors show up at the door who took pity on me and grab spoons and rolling pins and started working. Then when our neighbor stopped by I begged him to send his wife over to work (thanks Bethany) and somehow we pulled off  another crazy/good shindig.

Oh. Yeah.

The point of this post.

Craft Night!!!  This was number 7 maybe? 8? I can't remember how many years we've been doing them but for awhile now. (Okay, I actually have no clue.)

I've learned a few things over the times and this was the lowest stress level I've had a craft night yet (well once everyone showed up to finish all my jobs to actually get ready for craft night that is). ;)

Jill & I got together awhile back to do some practice crafts and finish all of ours ahead of time so we could just help everyone else out tonight and not stress about our own projects. It was the best idea ever.

So there wasn't as much crafting this time (for me anyway) but there was lots of food and treats and good times. My favorite part of shindigs is always when they are over and a small group stays behind because they know I'm not ready for the party to end. Those chats and laughs are always my fave.


Yep. Today was crazy/good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...