Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Let me be singing.

2013. I can't say I'm sad to see it go. There was a lot of good in '13 but a whole lot of lows. I was hard to love this year. A quick recap: I spent the first few months violently ill before having gall bladder surgery which was followed by the second dr of the year suspecting I had breast cancer only to find out those symptoms were from an early miscarriage I didn't know I had. We spent a lot of time selling things to pay off medical bills and mourned with friends going through tough times and loss. I spent 12 weeks hormonal and sick only to say goodbye to our tiny baby in the dr's office and found out the next day one of our parents has cancer. To say I've been hard to love this year would be an understatement. I've been hard to love and tough to be friends with. But somehow people keep showing up for me. People keep praying for me. And they keep blessing me. I don't get it. And I definitely don't deserve it. But I'm so blessed. I've had the song '10,000 Reasons' stuck in my head nearly all year. Particularly the part, 'let me be singing when the evening comes.' Lord, thank you for continuing to give me reasons to sing.







LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...