Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, March 20, 2015

friday night surprise!

No.. not the surprise we were waiting on… but a huge, awesome, amazing surprise nonetheless.

And I literally had NO idea.

I'm still in shock.

So my friend Ashley and I had casually made plans to hang out tonight (in case we were still on baby watch. which we are.) because she knew I'd be going a little stir crazy right about this time.

So when I got home from errands today I changed into sweatpants and had no plans of changing out of them- I knew she would show up in sweats too, it was all good. Until she showed up looking all cute and definitely not in sweats. She said something along the lines of 'hey lets go!' To which I responded with something like 'is it somewhere I need to wear pants to?'

I'm so glad I put pants on.


So she picks me up and whisks me away to another friend's house where we find a house full of amazing ladies with amazing food, thoughtful cards and amazing gifts.

Did I mention I'm still in shock?

I only had tears three times. Okay four. And didn't even really cry until I got home. But when it came it was a big cry. We'll pretend it was a Nicholas Sparks movie cry and not an ugly one.



You guys. I'm so blessed.

I don't know how or why God has blessed me with such a supportive and amazing group of women to call 'my people.' I'm just so thankful He has.





Some the amazing ladies in my life….




Some of the amazing cookies my talented friend Mary made for the occasion (you can find her here at Sugar & Butter on fb!)….



And one of the sweetest gifts in the history of ever… A handwritten book by T….




Like I said. So blessed.

Baby girl, you are so loved by so many. And lots of us are ready to meet you anytime now. ;)










LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...