Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, March 20, 2015

waiting

Before I start this post… let me just say that I am SO thankful to be carrying this baby girl. I love feeling her wiggle and kick and stretch (especially when she's doing her best to get as close to her brother as she can… melt my heart!). Since week 35, I've actually been feeling pretty good but even before that I was (and am) fully aware of what a blessing this pregnancy is.

That said...

We're a little tired of waiting. ;)

Her official due date is Wednesday but I had in my mind she would come when B did (14 hours ago). So this is officially the longest I've ever been pregnant. Add on top of that other pregnancies and post miscarriage pregnancy hormones taking for. ev. er. to leave my body- since September 2013 there's only been two full months in there where I haven't had pregnancy hormones in my body. Did you catch that? That's a whole lotta months of being a hormonal hot mess.

So yeah. I love being baby A's mommy and I love being the one to carry her. But this mama is a little tired. Slightly easy to annoy. And getting a little uncomfortable.

So project 'distract me from thinking about my water breaking at any second' is in full force.

I've snapped pics of B I've been wanting to get before he's no longer my only baby (but he'll always be my first). And put together this video using some of them… because seriously cute.

I've set up some studio set ups for baby girl. Because cuteness.

I've worked on uploading some future posts for work and here.

I've tried (though maybe not as hard as I should be) to get caught up on email and everything work related. (To be honest, part of me is keeping a little work to do for when I need to 'lock' myself in the basement with a do not disturb sign cause mama's working.) ;)

I finished some little projects I'd been wanting to get done.

I've tried to get as much time in with my boys (as a family of three) while I have the chance.

I've walked and walked. and walked.

And (because several have asked where we're registered and the answer is nowhere…), I moved some stuff from our big giant amazon wish list over to a baby girl list so if anyone asks again I'll be prepared next time. (In case you asked me before and I didn't have anything for you- here's the list. But seriously, do not feel like you have to visit it! : Baby Girl List ) It has odds and ends and a few things I'd never buy myself but would super love (like this stroller) and a couple fun things that are too stinkin' cute… like these adorable milestone cards. Not found on amazon but kind of hilarious anyway… the mess-ups + milestone cards (found here)… which include cards I would hope to never have to use like this one…




Ha.



So I've been trying to stay busy.

But I haven't cleaned. (Maybe that's what she's waiting on?!)




So that's what we've been up to. How is your spring break going? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...