Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Juplifting

Just uplifting.. Juplifting.
Not quite Thanksday but wanted to update my not actually a jar, blessings jar anyway.

Friday: I am thankful for drugs. And the Drs that prescribe them. I am feeling MUCH better today. Hopefully I will actually be able to teach tomorrow!

Saturday: I am thankful for my husband's wonderful ability to help with housework, as I was way too tired to move from the couch.

Sunday: I am thankful for my college education. Watching the VEISHEA parade on tv reminded me of this. (Yeah, I had to throw VEISHEA some sort of bone since I was too tired to partake in anything else VEISHEA related). But I really am thankful for my college education.... and all the memories and friends made while attaining it.

Monday: I am thankful my amazing coworkers. I have some great teachers in my room this trimester. Makes my job so much better (and easier, and more fun).

Tuesday: I am thankful for good neighbors. Neighbors that understand my dog is not the smartest dog in the world and sometimes has a mind of his own (not very often.... but once in awhile). We always let Dakota go play in the field. He'll run around awhile, get tired, then come in. Usually. Tonight was not a usual night for him. He decided he didn't want to come in. So I let him play outside. I noticed he was bothering the neighbor girls so I went out and sat on the porch to watch them play. I was talking to the mom (who is super sweet and we are glad to have as a neighbor) and after awhile they went in for supper. Before the did, one of the girls who had been playing fetch with Dakota had the stick in the field on the other side of our house. So of course Dakota went that way... and decided it would be a good idea to head over to the back side of the block to check out the neighbors yards... During which time another neighbor says, "The sign says NO DOGS." To which I answered, "I'm sorry sir, my dog cant read." He was not amused.
Long story short, after two hours of Dakota visiting the neighbors, he finally came inside.... UGH!

Oh and I'm also thankful for the Peasleys. They were here for dinner. I tried to pass shrimp off as chicken nuggets but those boys are just too darn smart. They make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the comment love. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...