Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thanksday

Thanksday [thangkz dey] -noun

:day following 40+ hours in bed AND 8+ hours of couch time. During most of which time my head hurt too bad to open my eyes (read: sinus pressure, also read: no computer, tv, blackberry, book, or Bible). Leaving lots of time to worry pray. And reflect. And be Thankful.

Thanksday: My version of the Thankful Thursday.

I have much for which to be Thankful for. My amazing husband (whom I found out this week, takes the dog out in the event that everyone in the household is sick), my niece and nephews (I LOVE being an aunt), my family (yup, all of them), my dog, my amazing friends, our health (in general, not this week specifically), our home, and so much more.

I've been wanting to start a blessings jar for awhile now and just haven't.... yes, I want it to match my kitchen decor if it is going to be sitting on my kitchen counter.

So instead of waiting for the jar search to come to an end... I'll start recording my specific blessings instead.

Today, I am thankful for Ang's facebook updates (Yup, she definitely needs to tweet them!).
They are juplifting. mmm... Perhaps a new word for the Hickstionary... Just Uplifting.. Juplifting.

(Yes, I know the red squiggles don't like the Hickstionary)

1 comment:

  1. i like this talk of a blessings jar...tell me more. like what do you do?

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment love. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...