Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gettin' Kinda Chili....

Sunday was a beautiful, warm, sunny fall day. It's still been beautiful and sunny so far this week...... but it's starting to get a little chilly out... Which makes tonight the perfect night for chili!
I'm posting Abby's recipe (with her permission) of my most favorite chili (although when it comes to chili, I don't discriminate...). Enjoy! And after you try it, you can leave your comments of gratitude addressed to Abby!


Abby's Chili

1 large can of diced fire roasted tomatoes
1 jar salsa
1 yellow onion, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 can black beans
1 can chili beans medium heat
1 small can Delmonte corn
2 T chili powder
1 T cumin
2 T (or more!) honey
1 lb of hamburger (S & P it liberally)
- throw it all together and stew 'til the onions and peppers are tender.


Also... a chili recipe isn't the only thing I've stolen borrowed from Abby. Here is a picture of her handsome little guy Jack (I think it may have actually been originally posted by her mom, I edited it a little). Because he will also warm your heart on these chilly fall days!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...