Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Not So Subtle

I know I'm going to have to stop posting about this because several of you have been trying to guess.... but for the last time (this week) (I think) I just want to say...


Have you ever been getting a message so clear from God that you finally say outloud, "Okay, God, I get it!"

God has been not so subtle in his messages to me this week about the life change my husband and I have been considering. One minute He has me so pumped up to do it. Then I'll find myself doubting the idea. Thinking things like, "This will never work. There's no way. It just doesn't make sense!"

Well this morning as I was getting ready was one of those times. I thought, "This makes no sense at all God, why do you keep putting this on my heart?"

Within minutes, maybe 5, I was reading my morning devotion. And guess what God told me.

Changing direction in life because God called us to even if it doesn't make sense.

As in, an example of what it means to have reckless faith.  What? You are thinking being reckless is a bad thing? I guess you'll just have to read this to find out more.....

Okay, God. I get it. I am listening. I will follow You. Even though it really doesn't make a lot of sense to me right now! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...