Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Worry

"Worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere."

Lately, R & I have been discussing some life changes. While we are super excited about the possibilities, it is scary. It's not the smartest, safest, most financially wise thought we've ever had. And I worry about it.

In our family, I am not the worrier. If the bank statement is low, it's my husband that worries, not me. If the weather isn't working to our advantage (for building, sodding, etc), it is my husband that worries, not me. If the gas tank is dangerously low and we are several miles from the nearest gas station it is my husband that worries, not me (okay I know you are thinking he sometimes has valid reasons for worrying,  which only proves my point more... I do. not. worry. ....usually...).

But I'm worried.

When my husband is worried I say, "Why are you worrying? Are you doubting that He can do it? Don't you trust Him?"
In fact, I say that to my husband so much that today he sent me this email:
Don’t be afraid….you are a super talented person who can do many things…that is a gift you have.  Remember you always tell me that if you are afraid or worried that you are insulting God because you are telling him that He can’t handle it…..I think you should do whatever makes you happy!  It will work out it..some how it always does for us! Have a great day!!!!

"Why do you worry? Do you not trust that He can do it?" 

I do trust He can do it. I know He can. The worry comes in fearing if He will do it.

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 2627 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day
is its own trouble." -Matthew 6:25-34

 He tells me not to worry. He tells me I am I am worth more value than other creatures and He provides for them. In fact, remember when I posted this.

Apparently I had forgotten and needed a reminder.

6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” -Deuteronomy 31:6

Lord, I do trust in You. I know you can do it. I know you will provide, in whatever way that may be. I pray that Your will be done and that you give us the guidance to easily see what that is. Lord, give us the courage to follow You, even when it is scary. Lord, thank You for carrying my worry. Thank You for for never leaving my side. Amen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...