Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Blog Friends (and real ones, too!)


I just got home from a fun weekend with a great friend! The car ride home, however, was not so fun. There were some unexpected detours and obstacles slowing us down.

Someone .ahem. from our vehicle might have been a little grouchy by the time we got out of the car.

When we got home, I was so excited to see a package in the mailbox.


My blog friend, BP, sent it. Awhile back I had won another book from this series on her blog. This one, the newest one, came out this spring. Our library doesn't have it yet and I hadn't seen it in the stores anywhere. So BP (isn't she sweet!?) sent me her copy.

I was thrilled to find it in our mailbox after a not so fun last 5 hours!

(I'm pretty sure I even said to my husband, "LOOK, I have blog friends!") :)

And it made me think (again) about how great friends are during and after the obstacles and detours. Blog friends, IRL friends, related friends, friends.

Y'all have been soooo sweet to me (always- but especially this week)! I really didn't post that post about being real to make myself look like a basket case. But y'all know me for the basket case I am and are so sweet and kind to me anyway. (And I love ya for it!)

Thanks for the kind words, sweet gifts, and lovely gestures. I'm so blessed!

PS- If you want to read this book, I think BP will be giving it away on her blog soon!
PPS- I CANT WAIT to post about my fun weekend! Let's just say you'll be seeing some different pictures from me in the future! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...