Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, May 10, 2010

My Cousin is Awesome!


On my 'about me' section of my 'other blog,' I write about my cousin's influence on me.
I tried to condense it to fit it in to the post.
If I had more space and time, I would tell a hundred stories about growing up with sisters and girl cousins (all of whom shared a birthday party). I would post pictures of little girls squeezed in close on grandma's porch swing. I would tell about all the things I followed Amy in doing (Big 12 schooling, teaching, black/white flooring- okay, not the flooring- but I wish!).
You can go back to my very first blog post and see how I copy off of my cousin. (When I started, she was the only blogger I knew in real life!)
So while I try to be cool like Amy, she's actually way cooler (and she somehow managed to escape the Hughes nose). She has an awesome photo blog. And she's so patient in teaching me tons of great stuff!
I was so blessed to get to spend the weekend with her and her family (R too!). I'll be posting (tons) more pics from our weekend soon. But until then, I wanted to say THANKS for the fun weekend, Amy!! I always learn so much from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...