Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

There's No Crying in Baseball Cell Phone Shopping

The only thing keeping me from not 'losing it' this weekend was my good friend, Ang.

She left Saturday night.

After all the testing God has offered me this week, my phone died (as in it's completely fried). Normally this wouldn't be a big deal. At all. (You know I don't answer it anyway.) But this week I really needed a phone. The thought of leaving the house without one this week puts me into anxiety attack mode. The thought of going halfway across the country without one next week... well... let's not even think about that!

So after church today we stopped by Verizon. The lady told us the best she could do is sell me another phone for $499. I walked out of the store and lost it. (I know you are picturing me in one of those 'pretty' crying scenes from the movies. You would be wrong.)

My problem solving husband said we would go to the 'better' Verizon store (30 minutes away) and add a line. He's so genius. And the lady working was fabulous. Seriously, amazing.
The most public cry I'd ever had was that missed connection flight back from New York in '01.

Until today.

That verizon lady let me cry and was oh so helpful. We were there forever and I learned a lot about her (Molly- she goes to your church and thinks you may be neighbors! ha).

Pastor Mike talked about seeing people today. This lady definitely did that.

And I have a new phone. (And number.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...