Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bible Study

I've been really bad at studying my Bible this summer (yes, I know you are probably thinking- but we are only a week into summer vacation... while I'm thinking... I can't believe a week of summer vacation is already over!!).
It's so easy to get out of routine when you don't have to hit snooze everyday. And so easy to let that Bible sit on the nightstand collecting dust until Sunday rolls around.
I'm not doing any formal Bible study this summer but I usually like to at least read some while I read my daily devotions. (Of course those daily devotions have already gotten dusty in this short week as well.)

So.
I was thinking.

I was really more disciplined when Mary & I blogged about our studies together. Maybe.... I could blog about my readings. That way, I thought, you could hold me accountable.
Of corse then I started thinking again...

and thought maybe you could join me in this.
So even though I'm not exactly sure what 'this' is yet, any joiners?

We could choose a book (maybe Ephesians?) to study and break it into sections to read by the week and write about it. Or choose different books and report back to each other. Or something completely different that one of you will come up with because you are all great like that. (Some of you English teachers should be really good at this 'book club' thing, right?)

So let me know if you are interested in joining me. Or if you could at least force me to stick to a schedule encourage me. :)

Thanks, friends!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...