Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Get Real Wednesday v.4


I know I've missed some in here but SillyCyclone encouraged me to get back at it today. Check out her 'Get Real Wednesday' from today!

Here's mine (and it's a little funny because Mr. SillyCyclone was at this event just moments before I actually knew this was an event...).

My super awesome husband took me out on a lunch date yesterday. Afterwards, I followed him around Menards for way too long on my still super swollen, nasty ankle (which I guess could have been it's own 'Get Real Wednesday' post). By the time we were out of there and ready for the grocery store, my ankle was killing me so I decided to wait in the car at the grocery store. Enter Mr. Silly Cyclone. He was parked right in front of us. He and Littlest Silly Cyclone were picking up balloons for Big Sister Silly Cyclone's birthday party. Completely out of my character, I did not jump out of the car and flag them down to say hi. I did stare really obviously hoping they would look my way (they didn't) then I facebooked Mrs. Silly Cyclone from my phone to let her know there was a Mr. Silly Cyclone siting. I digress.
Turns out, I should have jumped out of my car and talked his ear off until R got out of the store said hi.
Because just moments later, when R came out of the store, I quickly realized my car was not going to start.

You probably saw this coming long before me...
It was hot yesterday.
I waited in the car quite awhile.
I ran the AC.
With the engine off.
Yup. The battery was dead.

Lovely.

So. I call one of my very bestest friends (that just happens to live in the town we like to hang out in) and it turned out her husband was basically next door to where we were. Woo hoo.

So he shows up. And we realized all of us had jumper cables. None of us had them in our cars. Ha.

Enter Scooter (complete stranger but that's what he told us his name was, I wasn't going to argue with the Good Samaritan). Scooter does carry his jumper cables in his car. Novel idea. And he was kind enough to let us borrow them.

So A gave us a jump and Scooter harassed R about the Cubs shirt he was wearing and how it may just be the cause of our car troubles.

So there ya go. I'm not perfect (shocking, I know!). And my husband has not let this one go yet.

Though this whole thing could have just been a ploy to see some of our favorite Ankeny people. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...