Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Talk To Me (Thanksgiving in March)

Thanksgiving in March. (Whoa- March?!?)
I got the best 'thank you' in the mail last week. It came with blue raspberry jolly ranchers. Completely made my day and was a good reminder to me that I've been slacking on sending my own 'thank-you's' lately. So.....
Who are some people you are thankful for? Have you told them lately?

The very first person on my list is Rusty. Admittedly, I've been taking him way for granted lately. Working two full-time jobs and a handful of part-time jobs has been taking it's toll on me- and our home (ie. household chores...). He has really picked up some slack around here and I don't know what I would do without him!

I'm thankful for my students. In the past I've had students that bring me to tears by the end of the day (who hasn't?). But currently I have some students that bring me to tears during the day.... because they are so thoughtful. I have gotten some of the best cards, drawings, letters, etc. from students this year. It has really been a blessing to me. I'll have to give this topic a whole post of it's own!

I'm thankful for my friends/family that have been (and continue to be) there for me this past year. Last week I got a text from a good friend that just said, "Stay hopeful." I needed it right at that exact time and it meant the world to me. When I got home late after a long day to find a bag of jolly ranchers in the mail from another friend, it was just wanted I needed. It's so cool to see how God works through people to give you hope when you need it the most. I feel like I've been such a bad friend (and wife, sister, teacher, neighbor, blogger, etc.) lately so to have people that are still there is really a blessing.


Next Week:
Book report: I'm looking for some good reads. What are some good books you've read lately?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...