Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Monday, February 17, 2014

snow day

If you know R, you know he's not a fan of the snow or cold. Mostly likely because he's spent every winter of his life inside a basketball gym. I used to love the snow but I'm finding the longer I'm married to R, the more I'm disliking the snow too. (Sad, I know!) So last year, it wasn't a huge surprise when B did NOT like the white stuff ('ick') when we officially introduced him. And this year, with it being a bajillion degrees below zero all winter, we hadn't really thought to take him back out in it. So you'll have to forgive me when I tell you I'm pretty sure today was B's first day ever of wearing snow pants. That's crazy, isn't it? That may be hard to believe but it shouldn't be hard to believe when I tell you we had to actually talk him into going outside at all. We enticed him by letting him know he could help shovel if he went out. Our little helper boy was sold and decided to go check things out. (He did shovel for quite awhile and loved it. Once the shoveling was done and it was time to play, he wasn't a huge fan. Though he did love the 10 second sled rides with Choe.) :) Happy Snow Day!






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...