Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

That Time Oils Replaced My Prescription Pain Meds

Trying not to go TMI on you, the last couple months have not been fun. And by 'not fun' I mean, super sucky. Because that's the nicest thing I can come up with to say.

Long story short, after I miscarried (two months ago, today), I got sick. I called the OB office with the classic signs of infection and was told it was likely the nasty stomach bug that has been making the rounds. That happened two more times. After one of the craziest years to date, my immune system was shot and it was possible I was just sick. But I suspected it was something more. With my abdominal pain holding steady at a 10, I went to my regular doctor and was sent to Mercy. We later found out I had a post miscarriage infection that had caused PID.

Not fun.


I was given antibiotics, nausea medicine and pain meds. Lots of pain meds. But they weren't helping.





Finally, R asked if I had been using the oils. (Crazy that it took him to remind me, right?) To be honest, I was kind of thinking if prescription pain meds couldn't work, oils probably wouldn't either. But it couldn't hurt and he was offering a foot massage with them so of course I said lets try it! Looking up what to use and where in the handy reference guide, we massaged frankincense onto my abdomen, feet and around my right ankle. Ten minutes later I was in shock when I realized I wasn't in pain for the first time in weeks. I was literally pain free. Everywhere. I did this morning and night for a couple days and was feeling great. I started thinking maybe it was just that the antibiotics had started working and maybe it was just a coincidence on the timing so I took a morning off of the oils. By lunch time I was doubled over in pain again. Ten minutes after the next application, I was fine. I know I said before that I was on board, but after this I'm really convinced!


Hopefully you aren't currently on pain meds for anything but chances are you've had a headache, trouble sleeping, cramps, cuts, scrapes, bruises, stress or one of a million other ailments this month. There's an oil for that!

If you're interested in learning more, check out my intro to oils post (info on how to sign up will be there). I'll also be posting this week about getting started with oils. If you're interested in a crash course, let me know- I'd love to show you more and have you try them out for yourself!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...