Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Courts of the Lord

Here is an excerpt from my prayer journal today. Please pray for this family with me.





"My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." -Psalm 84:2

Lord, You are good. You are faithful. You are all knowing.

As I sit and read 'Mistaken Identity' it is a great reminder of this. You alone are strong and Your strength lifts up those in need. Those facing the loss of a loved one. Those that are weak.
As these families share their stories, I am reminded that on a day so "normal" for me, it can be so tragic for someone else. I wonder about today. About how my "normal" day of reading on the couch, might be devastatingly different for someone else. I pray for those that are in the midst of a tragic. Not knowing it would be so close. But You know, of course You do.

Lord, I cast my cares on You today. You know about the little girl, my husbands 5th grade student, that so suddenly lost her life today. You knew about this happening so close to me, about my prayers today, about things I knew not.

I pray that you will be with this little girl's family today. With her neighbors, her teachers, her friends. I pray that You will surround each of them with Your love and fill them with a peace that only You can offer.

Lord, I don't know if they know You. But I know You know. And I know You will use this tragedy to lift them up in Your love. I know Your plans are perfect and this is no mistake in Your plan. Lord, I pray that if they do not know You that they will. That they will cling to You, love You, trust in You.

Lord, be near to this family as they are hurting. Be near to her friends, so young, too young. Give them, each of them, the strength that only You can give.

Lord, it's in Your Son's name that I pray all of these things, but most of all, I pray that this little girl is in Your courts today.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the comment love. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...