Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, June 5, 2009

601





I chose our blogspot with the number 601 simply because "hicksfamily" was taken and 601 was the first number that popped into my head.

601 is where we live.

R pointed out to me that 601 is also the address of where we met.

And on 6/01 I got this text from R:
'Just discovered that im ready to a full-time christian i know weird time and place but it was like God was talking 2 me thats the gist of it luv u'


God is good and while life isn't always easy, it's always a blessing. God has been at work in our lives and we are seeing it every day. It's a full-time job for God.

Are we committed to working full-time for Him?

We are called to repent, to turn toward God. In the midst of our crazy, busy lives do we find time to find God? Do we make time to find God?
Do we turn toward Christ not just at church but in everything we do from the time we get up in the morning until the time we go to bed at night?
Do we make a full-time commitment to reorient our lives towards Him, not just for an hour, a day, or a week, but full-time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year?

My prayer today is that God will work in our lives so that we can in-deed be 'full-time.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the comment love. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...