Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Update

So I haven't really been updating this blog a lot lately.
I have some excuses though. :)

-I've been enjoying summer break. You know, reading books on the porch swing, summer lunch dates with R (Wok in Motion yesterday.. I'd give it an A-), taking Dakota for walks, cowgirling it up in Alta Vista, eating popsicles, ice cream, and whatever else comes my way.... (J- we need to get on a schedule, ASAP!), and enjoying all the other things that come with summer.

-I've been busy updating my prayer journal at least twice a day right now and don't really feel like blogging afterwards.

-I've been painting. Yes, again. Yes, I know we just painted 6 months ago. We are getting around to finishing our bedroom plus master bath. And yes, I'll be getting around to posting about painting in the near future.

-And I've been reading this book that A loaned to me.
Even though I never review books until I'm finished reading them, this one is great (and no, I'm not quite finished but will be today.) I definitely recommend it. It is just a great story of God's faithfulness and a great example of how it is possible to follow him and cling to him when we are suffering.

And speaking of suffering, please still be in prayer for R's student and her family/friends. We will be attending her funeral on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for the comment love. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...