Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Days


These chairs are empty.... at least until tomorrow.
Tomorrow will be my 6th First Day. I know, I don't believe it either. I look far too young to have graduated from college that long ago. But it's true. This will be my 6th year of teaching. We've had a lot of changes (upsets really) at our school for this year. We've lost some incredibly great teachers and some have been cut to part time in our building. My to do list to prepare for this year was 3 times as long as it normally is. We have a challenging year ahead. As I prepare for the 150+ students that will be in my classroom tomorrow, I praise God that He'll be there too. And He'll be 'honking' for me. (If that doesn't make sense to you, you'll have to ask me all about what I learned at professional development this week...... I'm sure you'll be glad you asked.) ; )
To all my teacher friends, I'll be praying that you have a great first day and an even better year!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...