Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

shameless plug v3.0


"In his heart a man plans his course; but the Lord determines his steps." -Proverbs 16:9


Here at the Hicks' ranch, God is pushing us out of our comfort zone and leading our steps in directions we hadn't even discussed just not that long ago. We were feeling pretty comfortable in life but God has rocked our boat and He's got our attention now.

There's a few big things up on our horizon and I can't wait to share them with you! (Really, I can't!!! I'm terrible at keeping secrets and a few people that read my blog already know about some stuff we have coming up.... I guess what I should say instead is I can't wait to be able to post about lots of exciting stuff in the blogworld! Ha)

In the meantime, we're working overtime around here towards some big goals (you may have noticed my leave of absence in the hanging out department. I'm soooo sorry about that!).

One little project (ha- I say it like it's not the least bit daunting to me) we (yes, both of us!) are working on right now is an e-shop of sorts. For quite awhile I've been trying to tell everyone that I'm not crafty. I've been trying to explain to them that if I can do it, they surely can. And I've been told time after time that they think I'm a big fat liar. It's actually true- I'm not all that crafty. But in my quest to do something creative everyday, I've managed to put together a few fun diddys. And I've even put together some posts for you on how to do them. But those haven't been all that well received. ;)

Soooooooo..... due to (okay, thanks to!) the requests, I'm going to set up shop. I'm taking orders on most things crafty. I'll be whipping up some of the crafts that have been requested in the past and I'll be adding some new, fun things to the mix. If you have a request, let me know and I'll see if I can make it happen. I'll be setting up a page with photos and prices as I get items ready to sell but if you want to get your order in first, I'll work on your projects first.

As usual of late (okay, always), I'm soooooo thankful for all of your support (and prayers and encouragement)!!





Ideas of crafty orders I'm taking:

Superhero capes: $10

Flower Hats: 3/$25

Ugly Dolls: $20

'Hold Fast' or 'Walk Worthy' necklaces: $20 (I'm not taking custom orders on the necklaces because my skill level is lacking. I'll send you a picture of your necklace before you purchase to see if the 'character' of it suits you.)

Magnetic Boards: $25

Chalk Boards: $15

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...