Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

271.

271: The number of blessings I've recorded since January 1st.


I posted this post as a quick recap of 2013. I know it's a super downer. And that's not even all of it. I haven't even mentioned over here how one of our cars was totaled last month (no one was hurt!) and how we're currently a one car family. And I really wanted to tell you about how sick my mom is right now and ask you to pray for her but she's super private and would probably be really embarrassed if I did. So maybe I shouldn't.



But you guys.

We have so much to be thankful for.



It doesn't take spending much time of Facebook or in the blog world or looking out in my own neighborhood to see that there are people that have things a lot worse than we do right now.

And we count our blessings.

And I'm sure a whole lot of you thought there was no way I could get to 10,000 (I have a to admit, I'm a little skeptical.)

But they're there.

Reasons to sing. Blessings to be thankful for.

271 of them in three days.


So we keep moving forward. And we keep counting our blessings. And we keep thanking God for His never ending grace. And I keep coveting your prayers.




P.S. I should probably note that every time someone tells me they are praying for me, I count that as a new # on my list. So feel free to keep those coming because each prayer gets me that much closer to 10,000. ;) Seriously though. I really do appreciate SO MUCH that you guys are praying for us. It means a lot to us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...