Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

After Christmas Sales

Do you shop after Christmas? Do you fight through the swarms of people in the Christmas aisles at Target looking for a "good deal?" Nearly ALL of our Christmas decorations were purchased after Christmas (or gifted to us). So after my hair cut today (thanks, Michelle!), I stopped at Target for a minute.
My first observation in the after Christmas aisles was a group of men standing in the middle of it all. They looked like deer in headlights. I'm assuming their first mission was to find their wives but they appeared to abort that mission quickly in order to just find a way out of the mess.
My second observation were the $5 candlestick display. While I'm sure they will go even cheaper, I remembered this Ashley Ann post (thanks, Amy!) and decided I was feeling crafty today.
I headed to Hobby Lobby in search of a plate. Christmas plates, half off (I know, EVERYTHING in Hobby Lobby is half off).

$5 candlestick + $5 plate + epoxy (or other ceramic/metal glue) = original & super easy cakestand




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...