Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My New Camera Bag



Did I forget to mention that she's here??!?
Well she is! And since her arrival (okay, even a little before) I've been busy sewing accessories for her (and I may have went just a little overboard with the number of camera strap covers I made....).
Then I started searching online for a camera bag that doesn't look like a camera bag. There's some cute ones but they are all around $200 and up. IF I was going to spend THAT much on a bag it better be way cuter and one I'm going to carry every day. Not doing it for a padded camera bag. So I had some $10 canvas laying around and got the sewing machine out. And
voilà! Instant (okay 3 hour process) camera bag (that doesn't look exactly like a camera bag). It has pockets for my lenses, the body, memory cards, accessories. And I think I'll make some drawstring bags for lens caps. The pocket liner is currently pinned in. I need to get some foam padding in place before I stitch it. Being snowed in (in case you didn't know... there's a blizzard right now) makes it difficult to run out and get the foam padding.....

Here's the bag. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out considering, A) no pattern to look at. and B) no camera bag to look at.



PS- The fabric is outdoor grade fabric. I got it to cover our porch chair cushions... guess I'll have to find something else! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...