Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Month of Blessings

Remember this post? We had a great time (most of the month) recording our daily blessings. Some days it was hard to choose just one to write down (so we didn't). I know there are days it can be difficult to find just one blessing amidst the pain. Lord, we are so grateful for all of the blessings you bestow on us everyday!
It was so much fun to reflect each day on all of the great things He does in our lives.
Without further ado.....

A Month of Blessings (in November)
1- H- Sunday TV, R- Good friends
2- H- Work day at school, R- A good job
3- H- Free pizza, R- My wife
4- H- My husband, R- Early out of school
5- H- 1/2 work days, R- Time to get work done at school
6- H- Time with Rusty, sushi, & ice cream; R- Dinner with H & bubble gum ice cream
7- H- Great weather; R-Great November weather
8- H- Free Scentsy, good friends (Jen, Mary, Kari, etc.), good weather, great husband, great worship music; R- God, church, wife, Dakota, good weather
9- H- Mondays @ Ron's to connect with Rusty. God's Grace. R- good counsel
10- H- Biggest Loser, R- Good job
11- R- Our military, H- ditto (and free Pampered Chef & a husband that wants me to have everything)
12- H- My amazing husband & the delicious dinners he makes. R- my wife
13- H- Shutterfly, Jen, Holly, Rusty, Dakota. R- Basketball
14- H- Shopping with Jen, R- Iowa State win
15- H- Church, God, lunch dates with R, lazy time on couch. R- A great church service
16- H- Health/dental insurance, Esther study. R- My wife because of her faith.
17- H- Great students, ISU student (that got groceries today!), dinner with Rusty. R- Dinner- made by my wife, food in our cupboards.
18- Good kids at school, Husbands attempts to help in the kitchen, my custodian Launa. R- My wife's meals because I can't cook.
19- H- Game night & great friends! R- Wife's awesome cooking.
20- H- Friday nights on the couch with R. R- Payday!
21- H- The Peasleys and the laughter they provide! R- Fellowship. Special guest I- "Hawkeyes wun." (He's 6 and came straight to our house after the Iowa football game. Yes, you know that wasn't ours for the day!)
22- H- great church service, God's forgiveness, God's healing. R- Our house and my creative wife.
23- H- $5 book store sales! R- 2 days off coming soon
24- Pampered Chef freebies! R- My understanding wife
25- H- Break from school! R- Dogsitters
26- H- mom's Thanksgiving cooking, R- Good food and family
27- H- naps, online shopping. R- Time with wife bowling, she dominated.
28- H- our kitchen, R- H's chili, seeing old friends.
29- H- My VERY generous husband, R- good Christmas gifts
30- H- Esther study and the fabulous women there. R- First Ballard W.

PS- I don't expect that any of you (all 5 of you that read my blog!) read this, but it was so fun to do and now so fun to go back over them and remember all of the good things from the month. It's so easy to focus on all of the hardships and pain a month can bring and so easy to forget about all of those moments (big and small) that make us smile and laugh. I definitely want to do this every year, and maybe more than just in November!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...