Welcome to the Hickstionary, a landing spot for all things H family.
I'm Heidi. He's Rusty. And together we have our beautiful babe, Beckett and a furry menace, Dakota.
I mostly use this space to brag about how awesome the kid is, whine about how naughty the dog is & share an occasional deep thought.
Thanks for hanging out with us as we figure out this [blessed] life!

If you are looking for my photography blog (where words don't tend to fall out of my mouth nearly as freely), visit {captured by} heidi.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree.....

....oh Christmas tree,
how ever fake your branches.....
Sorry, R. I know you love real trees, I just cant bring myself to do it yet!
So we settle for our fake ones.



Check out Kelly's Christmas Trees "Show Us" for lots of trees (real and fake!).


This little tree was our main tree in our first apartment together. We didn't really have any Christmas ornaments (I only buy them on clearance, remember?) so we used our wedding photos (the frames were used at our wedding to label the cheesecake flavors) and wedding bouquets. The garland is beaded garland we had as decoration at the wedding.


Our living room tree is a collection of all our miscellaneous ornaments (just married, Hawaii, new dog, first year in new home, etc.). Again, I (usually) wait until after Christmas to buy them. This year I just had to get Rusty's early though... the John Deere riding mower from Hallmark. Because.. you know...
Throughout the house we have little trees. Some lit, some decorated, some not.

While it's hard to see (I took this picture from my phone), one of my favorite little trees is the little one in the kitchen with Christmas cookie cutters on it! I decided since I don't bake much I might as well use the cookie cutters in another way! :)


Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...